Monday, September 12, 2011

SOMO's a year old

3 years ago I came to Uganda for the first time and found HEALS.


2 years ago I moved to Houston and realized I am yankee that cannot drive. 1 year ago Lauren Slyh and I started SOMObeads. On Sunday, 9.11.11, ten years after 9-11, I landed in Uganda to continue this journey.

I am now in Kampala with Jolly and Emmy (my hosts and heroes) until we drive to Gulu on Wednesday.

Kampala is like Houston, traffic-ey, bustling, bad roads and friendly people that like to eat. :)

Emmy, Jolly and I have been talking of our hopes for HEALS and how to strengthen SOMO's efforts. Woo-wee! I am reminding myself again and again that I am just jumping on board with God on HIS mission.

Another relaxant comes in the form of my favorite Ugandan phrase: "Slowly, Slowy"

No comments:

Post a Comment